3.20.2010

the power of the imagination

A few days ago my uncle sent me a link to this Harvard graduation address given by J.K. Rowling. I really liked it a lot - she's so funny!! Plus, she says some really great stuff. She talks about the importance of the power of the imagination and of the "fringe benefits of failure". I would definitely recommend watching the video if you have a few extra minutes. It's great.

The shower went super super super awesome.  it couldn't have gone better. it was a blast. i love hanging out with a bunch of awesome girls, eating, and talking. doesn't get much better!! i wish that we would get together and do it more often. It seems like we always have to wait for some big occasion like a bridal shower to get together. And I don't like it! I wish that we would plan lunch dates like this all the time for no other reason other than that we love to get together. Anyway, it was a blast. yummy food, funny presents, and good conversations. beth and i are going pro. if you need a bridal shower planned anytime soon...give us a call! we kind of rock. haha.

I love my bestie. She is going to be such a good wife. She's so pretty. She's so smart. and she's so crazy. I remembered today all of the reasons that i love her. I can't wait for her big day!!!




here's a funny story about one of the many adventures ive had with kate. once upon a time (last fall) we decided to buy a fish. we bought it during the last week of august. he was a pretty pink and purple Siamese fighter fish. we named the little guy edward. we were thrilled. we bought him a cute little bowl, some pretty beads, and the best food walmart had to offer. everyone doubted us. they said our little pet would live for no more than one week, two at the most. everyone started counting down the days til edward died - roommates, family (admittedly even us sometimes...he wasn't the most lively little creature) . well, thanksgiving came and went, so did christmas, then valentines day. pretty soon, it was time for me to go to London. so, i took edward and his pretty home over to my grandparents. they tended him with love and care...for the next three months. tuns out, our little pet lived for almost on year. he was the best fish in the entire world. the end.

1 comment:

  1. the shower was so much fun. you guys did a great job planning it. and i totally agree that we should not wait for a special occassion to have a girls date... they need to happen more often. Especially being married. I miss hanging out with girls :)

    ReplyDelete